U is for Up and down on the Lanes of Internet


I was happy and content reading books during my school/college days. Apart from reading, I would listen to radio. Interaction with other people was much less/minimum. I always preferred to be alone so that I can read or write without any disturbance. This made me a person who wrote more but speak less. I never asked any questions but answered only questions from others; this attitude made me an introvert. In a society where they judged girls with their physical appearance rather than their brains, I was a total failure.


People questioned if I could cook rather than if I could write better. Writing was considered to be the worst choice and relatives sarcastically chuckled with daring comments that would make you feel dumb and disheartened. Though I could not resist my thirst to write more and more, I never wanted them to be printed in books and get published. Writing helped me to feel confident, creative and happy always. Every afternoon, I would sit under the shades of trees in the portico, and write poems. 


Then, came the era of Internet bringing a marvelous change in the world of information. It gave me the space to be virtually present. To be online gave me the valiant push that gripped my senses and be addicted to blink online 24/7.

Virtual presence helped me to share my writings with an online audience. Internet connected me better with like-minded people who appreciated my writings and encouraged me to write more. I could feel the positive vibes once I was online and I made it as a habit to post a poem every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

J is for Jotting Electronically....

E is for Everything is Good

C is for Challenging Travels