J is for Jotting Electronically....


What are the perils of jotting down your thoughts using a computer?



 Is it safer to save your thoughts electronically rather than on paper?

 Decades ago, I wrote down my thoughts on paper.  They are still safe with me.  Though the papers are crumbling, my moments are recorded with the touch of my hand. Writing on paper, you can leave your imprint on words along with the size and shape of the letters.  It is truly an experience, if I happen to read a letter written by my grand-father more than fifty years ago. Words on paper bring your loved ones to you brimming with life and energy.  It is something emotional to quote!



Recently, when my computer crashed, I lost my valuable data that I maintained for ten years.

Now we have the cloud facility to save whatever we write in umpteen number of places, still our data may not be safe.

Technologically we may be advanced. But when those electronic equipment act weird, everything turns into e-waste which will be dumped somewhere in a dump yard. It is so painful to encounter such experiences.

Learn to take a back-up of whatever you write.  Then it is assured, you are leaving behind your words to the future generation.



Comments

  1. Saw your blog in the list of A2Z Challenge participants.

    Sometimes it is indeed better to write with a pen on a paper. The only advantage of going digital is it is easy to store, carry, and access. But like you said, you need to back it up securely.

    (My latest post: Judge me, but judge me right - http://bit.ly/TT_judge)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as computers and technology help, there is no substitute for writing things down in a notebook!
    https://iainkellywriting.com/2018/04/11/j-is-for-jyvaskyla-finland/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

E is for Everything is Good

C is for Challenging Travels