D is for Don't Ever Be


Fortunately or unfortunately, being a lady love had become a distant dream for me. Now, in my mid-fifties, I think about my teenage days when world looked alive with beautiful dreams. Having studied in a convent, girls at that time were convinced to believe that falling in love was a sin and parents know better than us.

I started writing poems when I was at college during my undergraduation program. Being a literature student and being a daughter to a father who loves writing stories and poems, I also started to write poems. Initially, I started to write poems inspired by poems by William Wordsworth and the Tamil poet, Bharathiyar. I still remember the days when my mother used to sing melodiously the Tamil songs written by Bharathiyar. Reading poems written by Bharathiyar in Tamil, I started to love Lord Krishna. I believed no man in this world has the qualities to be my Love and I believed only Lord Krishna fits that role.

During my college days I participated in a poem recitation contest. I recited the English poem "The Quest" by Sarojini Naidu. It is a poem about the legendary character Radha who loved Lord Krishna deeply and never wanted to get married to any other man in the world. I was literally carried away while reciting that poem envisaging Lord Krishna near me. Not a surprise, when I got the first prize for reciting that poem. That event inspired me to write more and more poems imagining Lord Krishna to be my Love and I felt good at heart whenever I penned a poem.


Comments

  1. very beautiful poem.
    The lady always wants to be loved even if it by grandchildren.
    https://moondustwriter.com/2018/04/04/dance-children-atozchallenge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a lady love is in your mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

J is for Jotting Electronically....

E is for Everything is Good

C is for Challenging Travels